Technology for city management
The Local Administrations have a great challenge ahead for which it is vital the support of a technology oriented to the integral management of the diverse areas of service of the city and that at the same time:
- Facilitate communication with citizens, as well as with brigades and contractors in charge of carrying out the different services.
- Enable interoperability with the different platforms and systems involved in the intelligent management of the city.
- Provide the Administration with a comprehensive scorecard of the city that provides vital statistics to make appropriate decisions aimed at achieving a city and, consequently, a more sustainable society and improve the quality of life of citizens.
- Advice in the definition of objectives and obtaining of public aid:
- Technological platform:
FAMA SMARTcity is the solution designed to provide the local Public Administration with a tool capable of serving the different management areas of the city from a centralized information center.
Thanks to its modular structure, it offers the possibility of adapting to the specific needs of each Administration:
The following are the main functionalities of FAMA SMARTcity grouped into 7 large blocks of functional areas, including interoperability and integrations, plus a series of generic utilities that offer even more power to the tool.
As we see in the diagram, the different groups of users of the tool, whether citizens, municipal managers or brigades or service companies, access the same through a single online entry (Online public thoroughfare):
Online public thoroughfare
- Public access service for the citizen through the Corporate Internet Portal of the Administration, can collaborate with the institution, communicating the notices of incidents, complaints or suggestions concerning the assets of the city (street lamps, containers, asphalt, gardens, furniture Urban, buildings, others).
- Consultation of the status of the incident through direct consultation and at any time with the assigned incidence number.
- Configuration of workflow processes to solve incidents that control the execution of relevant actions and involve the necessary resources (internal or external to the administration) for resolution.
- Service guaranteed by the safety criteria required by the Organic Law on Data Protection (LOPD).
- Possibility of graphical visualization of the incidences on the cartography of the city.
- Generation of response and automatic update of the status change of the process of resolution of the incident or warning with associated alerts (including alerts for pending actions).
- Centralized communication channel and agile with the managers of the territory and suppliers.
- Registration, control and automated management of public movable and immovable property (from the elements of public roads, buildings, installations, furniture, parks and gardens, etc.)
- Custom classification of public assets according to the needs of the Administration (user-definable structure).
- Graphic location of any element of inventory on maps or cartographic maps (GIS).
- Control and management of acquisition and operational costs, as well as the monitoring of depreciation.
- Generation of reports based on queries formed by the criteria selected by the user.
- Allocation of assets to operational centers.
- Agility in the planning and execution of the transfer of movable assets.
- Automatic and parameterizable alerts associated with the dates of the end of the guarantee, term of the life cycle or asset maintenance contracts.
- Possibility of management of the EIEL and agile completion of the survey.
- Possibility of management with mobile devices and barcode readers.
- Inventory of the different public spaces integrated with the inventory of the elements that compose them (Inventory of assets).
- Possibility to manage the availability and use of public spaces available, make reservations by the municipal managers and / or users including features, resources and associated equipment.
- Automated monitoring of the use of public spaces.
- Graphic location of any space on maps or cartographic maps (GIS).
- Perform searches of available spaces, issuance of occupation listings and storage of historical uses made.
- Management of various types of contracts (supplies, taxes, leases, maintenance, services, insurance, etc.)
- Automation of administrative processes through the automatic generation of invoices arising from each contract and the establishment of mechanisms for entry and exit of the same.
- Calculation of distribution of costs to operational centers, applying different criteria of the organizational structure of the Public Administration.
- Possibility of integration with financial and / or economic systems, providing the organization with the necessary data to have total economic control over costs, expenses and investments.
- Mechanisms for the automated management of investments and amortizations.
- Generation of reports that facilitates the control of the indicators of the expenses and investments and allows to determine the performance of the operations.
- Management of the complete life cycle of a project / work that is executed on the public territory.
- Control tools for a detailed monitoring of all the aspects associated with a project (phases, tasks, costs, resources, materials, labor and time).
- Consultation of visualization of the work on the cartographic map.
- Complete management of corrective, preventive and normative maintenance.
- Planning, programming and standardization of maintenance ranges in a simple and efficient way.
- Management and monitoring of operations, work orders and parts of work.
- Easy management of the resources (people, suppliers, machinery and materials) necessary for the planning and execution of the maintenance of public assets.
- Planning of routes and itineraries of work of inspection of the working groups.
- Control of maintenance operational costs: own, contracted (suppliers), labor and materials.
- Optimization of warehouse management and stock control.
- Generation of calendar with maintenance actions, as well as work load per operator.
- Activation of alarms for outstanding actions and maintenance actions.
- Ability to charge operational expenses for maintenance and service costs.
- Graphical visualization on cartography of the maintenance actions.
- Channel of unique communication between managers of the territory, the different functional areas, suppliers and users of the Administration.
- Ability to establish a comprehensive catalog of services according to the specific needs of the Administration (by territory, property, operational areas, type of applicants ...)
- Easy configuration of the workflows with automation tools of the process of management of the incidence and notifications, as well as their allocation to intervene.
- Control of compliance with service level agreements (SLA or ANS) and performance indicators KPI ("Key Performance Indicator").
- Assignment of ANS (SLA) according to the criteria of urgency and priority of the incidents or the applicant and generation of alerts according to defined indicators.
- Greater control of the activity through the exploitation of information in a dynamic and integrated way.
- APP's for the management and updating of data by operators working on the territory.
- Remote access from APP (Smartphone, Tablet ...) to the system database, interacting with the inventory and maintenance modules.
- Easy introduction of incidents and updates of work orders, through the mobile device, using a simple form in assistant mode.
- Registration of all the information of the patrimonial inventory of the Administration.
- Management of real estate, incorporating the specific catalog of the Administration.
- Management of rights and leases of said properties.
- Calculation of the amortizations of the goods that require it.
- Management of insurance and possible claims related to property.
- Control of the processes of acquisition of goods, assignments, etc.
- Management of records of legal-economic management of patrimonial assets.
- Management of the requests of the users that belong to the organizational structure of the Administration, as well as the programming of alarms in the system.
- Exploitation of the patrimonial information through reports and predefined listings.
- Modifications of the inventory of assets and rights in an agile way, with possible integration with the accounting system.
- Graphical representation of patrimonial assets on cartography, allowing access to the associated alphanumeric information.
- Knowledge of the detailed energy consumption of the city (electricity, water, gas, etc.) and detection of the factors that affect this consumption, identifying the different savings opportunities.
- System oriented to the communications with other applications of monitoring by means of webservices.
- Possibility to act on the monitoring elements and automatically generate work orders for the corrective maintenance of the same.
- Complete waste management from generation to storage.
- Comprehensive inventory of greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) in accordance with recognized international regulations, which facilitates and automates the calculation of the carbon footprint and facilitates the implementation of an emission reduction and / or compensation strategy.
- Generation of surveys and indicators to carry out an exhaustive control of relevant environmental indicators and facilitate processes such as the calculation of the carbon footprint or to control other diverse aspects, such as those associated with quality, levels of satisfaction, etc.
- Automation of management processes related to indicators based on international standards of quality or environment (ISO 14001, ISO 9001, EMAS, ISO 50001, OHSAS).
- Possibility of integrating an advanced and interactive visualization system that allows the management of geo-localized information by associating it with a three-dimensional visualization environment, giving the system a new perspective through a layer of information useful for decision making.
- Interoperability with existing geographic information systems in the Administration by allowing access to different formats of standard cartography.
- Graphic location of any public space or inventory element on maps or cartographic maps (GIS).
- Definition of the inventory of assets managed from a graphical point of view, with the ability to incorporate their characteristics and make queries directly on the cartography.
- Interoperability with the different systems and sensors that serve the city by collecting the data they generate in real time and giving rise to intelligent information for decision making through Business Intelligence processes.
- Availability of a set of dashboards for the main functional areas covered by the system, which in turn allows the user to generate their own BI reports based on the information collected in the system.
- Ability to automate the management of the EIEL (Infrastructure and Local Equipment Survey) surveys by gathering the needs and requirements of the Public Administrations for compliance with the Royal Decrees (RD 835/2003 and RD 1372/1986) that regulate them Of the public administrations, allowing the issuance of the fiches and listing of the municipal assets according to the mentioned norms.
Modes of implementation
Implemented SMARTcity FAME:
It is the traditional proprietary system that is installed in the servers and infrastructures of the client.
It is a form of SaaS software (Software as a Service or Software as a Service), which frees organizations from the installation and maintenance responsibilities of the software:
- It is not necessary to have dedicated personnel dedicated to the system.
- There are no expenses in technology and its maintenance and it avoids that hardware and software are obsolete.
- Conversion of fixed expenses into variables (payment for actual use of computer systems).
- Immediate availability of the system and information.
- Accessible from any place and time.
- Compliance with LOPD and data security.
- Access to all functionalities and modules of any FAMA solution.
- Data center located in Spain.
- Allocation of a Responsible for the Account by customer.
- Availability of FAMA Channel: hekpdesk online portal with personalized access for all FAMA users.
- Training and backup services included.
Advantages for the Administration:
- Effective management of public assets and assets, modernizing management processes, obtaining reliable and up-to-date information.
- Centralization of data and tasks in a system linked to different databases, allowing an agile graphical and alphanumeric management of goods and services.
- Tool for management and updating of data from mobile devices, to facilitate the work of operators, who work on the territory of the city for their daily work.
- Maximum optimization of resources linked to public goods, reducing management costs and adding value to the Administration.
- Single channel of communication via Web for the efficient management of resources and services.
- Obtaining management indicators in terms of time, quality, economy and efficiency, which ensure success in decision making.
- Much more efficient and better quality service, direct communication with the administration to manage incidents 24 hours a day.
- Perception of greater transparency on the part of the Administration as the information on assets, maintenance, works, etc. is fully available.
- Relationship of the Administration with the Citizen much more agile, providing them with a simple and effective means to process notices of incidence, information on public assets, etc.
- Greater involvement in the maintenance of the assets, as well as in the improvement of the quality of life of its municipality.
- We offer much more than a computer tool: accompaniment throughout the process and according to your needs.
- Own solution (direct relationship with the manufacturer of the system) developed in line with the new Spanish regulations of Intelligent Cities.
- System in SaaS mode reversible to owner if the client wishes.
- 100% modular and scalable solution, able to grow with the city and communicate with any application / app using API / REST tools.
- The solution is delivered parameterized and with user manuals and enables the parameterization of access to the information according to the user profile.
- Friendly and intuitive environment for easy operation by any type of user.
- Prepared for integrations and connections with ERP Systems, Database, Various Software, App's, IoT and Others.
- Integration with FAMA maintenance management modules (important synergies with different aspects of Smart City.
- Solution 100% web, with tools for the administration and audit of the use of the system.
- Multi-language and multi-currency system.
- Easy to obtain useful reports for daily control and decision making. Equipped with a full documentary manager.
SEE INTERVENTION / TESTIMONY TOWN COUNCIL OF SANT BOI AT THE III CONGRESS OF INTELLIGENT CITIES